The Electroflight P1e is a carbon composite aircraft designed specifically to showcase the advantages of pure electric flight.
The unique design utilising contra-rotating propellers also delivers an element of redundancy and the torque, present on high-performance single propeller aircraft is equalised.
This new type of electric powered aircraft promises capabilities and manoeuvres hitherto not achievable by traditional single propeller piston or gas turbine driven aircraft.
- Contra-rotating propulsion system
- The only non-composite airframe elements are the canopy, undercarriage and fastenings
- The propulsion system is fitted directly to the airframe structure
- The system's thrust to take-off weight ratio is greater than one and allows the aircraft to climb very rapidly and to operate at extreme altitudes without the complications faced by oxygen dependant engines.
InternalIncorporates a separate pilot safety cell, similar to that in F1 racing cars.
- Seats: 1
- MTOW: 420kg / 926lb
PerformanceBattery power (720 volts) 15 kW, Maximum Power (3400rpm): 225 kW
- Max Climb Rate: 9,000fpm / 2,743m
- Service Ceiling: 25,000ft / 7,620m
- Stall Speed Without Flaps: 60kts / 69mph
- VNE: 250kts / 288mph